A mid-course meeting on the Geological Model of Polymetallic Nodule Deposit Formation in the Clarion-Clipperton Region was held at the East-West Centre, Hawaii from the 24-26 October 2006.
ISA team members working on the Geological Model Programme for the International Seabed Authority met to assess the progress made to date in their efforts and to adjust the individual member commitments to optimize the results to be expected. Three members of the team could not be present. Their contributions to data which have found expression on the ftp site created by the Authority were presented during the course of meeting with deliberations resulting in the adoption of the following schedule for completion of the Programme:
- Submission to the Authority of proposals by Team Members for their individual components of the Programme, including detailed descriptions of the Scopes of Work to be undertaken, the products to be delivered to the Authority, the schedules of delivery of these products, the requirements of services and information for completion of the individual components, and the funds that are being requested to cover the work: November 15, 2006.
- Submission to the Authority of a complete draft for all work products, to be provided to outside experts for peer review: June 30, 2007.
- Submission to the Authority of a complete draft for all work products, modified from the drafts to reflect appropriate response to the peer and internal reviews: December 31, 2007.
- Presentation of the key results of the work products at a workshop to be hosted by the Authority to disseminate the Programme results: July 2008.
Scheduled Meetings for 2007
- 7 December 2006 – LOS Item, GA (New York)
- 05-09 February- Seminar (Indonesia)
- 16-20 April 2007 - International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) conference (Jamaica)
- 4-8 June 2007 – States Parties (New York)
- 02-06 July 2007 - LTC (Kingston, Jamaica)
- 09-20 July 2007- ISA 13th Session (Kingston, Jamaica)
- 11 September 2007- UNGA (New York)
LOS Item, GA
The Secretary-General addresses the General Assembly annually on the Law of the Sea Item. His recent talk was given on 7 December 2006. All presentations made to the GA are also available here (list of GA speeches link to Secretary-General page…)