1. Does ISA charge any fees regarding applications?
ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Vacant positions within ISA are advertised on the official ISA website and Inspira. Should you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of ISA and requesting payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. How do I apply through Inspira?
b) Once registered, you will receive an automatically generated e-mail requesting you to confirm your e-mail address.
c) After confirming your e-mail address, please log in to your personal account and follow the guidance in creating your Personal History Profile (PHP).
d) Click on vacancies on the Career Opportunities page on the ISA website which will take you to Inspira where you can submit your application.
e) You can also search for ISA vacancies in Inspira by going to Job Openings and under Department/Office select International Seabed Authority in the drop-down menu. Open vacancies that match your experience, qualifications and aspirations then submit your application for the job opening.
3. I have created a Personal History Profile (PHP), does that mean that I have applied?
Creating a PHP is not the same as submitting an application for an advertised position. If you wish to be considered for a specific job opening, you need to create an application either by first logging into your already established Candidate Profile and then selecting the vacancy to apply, or by selecting and applying for the vacancy directly. The application wizard will guide you through the system. The receipt of applications for advertised positions will always be acknowledged by return e-mail.
4. Can I apply via e-mail or other application systems?
All applications must be submitted as reflected in the application guidelines.
- Staff, consultancy and intern positions are on the ISA website and must be submitted through Inspira.
- Applications sent by e-mail or any other application system cannot be considered.
5. I have already submitted my application online. Can I still make changes?
Once the application is digitally submitted, it cannot be modified. However, you can update your profile for future applications.
6. When does an opening close?
All openings will close at 24:00 (midnight) New York local time on their respective closing day. Thereafter, the job opening will no longer appear on Inspira and you will no longer be able to submit your application.
7. What happens if I started my application before the closing time but did not manage to submit it before midnight?
Even if you started your application before the closing time but did not manage to submit it before midnight, the system will no longer accept it. We recommend you apply well in advance of the deadline.
8. What does a Job Alert do?
It is a facility on Inspira which enables you to customize your search to suit your qualifications and preferences. By activating a Job Alert, you will be automatically notified by e-mail of the job postings matching your established search criteria. You can find the Job Alert options by logging onto your Personal Profile, clicking on the Job Search and then saving your search criteria as a Job Alert.
9. What are the salary levels for full-time, fixed-term staff positions?
ISA adheres to the UN Common System of salaries, allowances and benefits. More information can be found on the ICSC website. Please note that consultancy contracts (Individual Service Agreements) do not follow this salary scale.
10. Whom should I contact if I experience problems with the submission of my application?
In such cases, please contact: email@example.com